"" Bleh and Awe: 2016? 2016

Sunday 15 January 2017

2016? 2016

Since this is a personal blog, I'd like to keep it personal, with a ton of mistakes, repetitive distress signals and bits of my personality sprayed about like glitter made out of excrement. (I really hope shitty glitter doesn't exist :O )

2016 has been terribly wonderful year for me. I really don't care about the actors who died or the politicians elected. Yes, some terrible conflicts and crashing of several economies, but leaving the world aside, I, an infinitesimal speck of a world so large yet so small in the grand scale of things, had a good year.

Fun times and sighs


I turned 21 and realised that Star Wars is actually pretty good. Episodes 4, 5 and 6. I shall never forgive the time lost behind Episode 1.
What struck me are tons of facts: underlying insecurities, terrible with money issues, socially awkwardness and trying to be extra pleasing. Well, nobody tell you how to live this goddamn life, so we all gotta learn it the hard way. Still, the negatives aren't the only thing I caught onto. I figured out a ton of things and many new skills (most under construction), including cooking, walking for miles and an inherent love towards certain aspects. My depth of emotional perception has had an explosive increase, all thanks to the heartbreaks, falls, breakdowns and other failures I've experienced.

But then again, reconnecting with lost classmates, meeting the voices on the other end of calls, running into the jerks you disliked way back in class 9 but realising how stupid you were, and a ton of other thing; I've learnt the importance of communication. Goddamn, a word not pronounced properly or a feeling not stressed out enough can cost a great deal of time and emotional stress. Go talk things out, numero uno. (The awkwardness stills is painful, but okay.)

An Aspect of what I learned can be beautifully summarised in this Quote:

"Be alone. Eat alone, take yourself on dates, sleep alone. In the midst of this, you will learn about yourself. You will grow, you will figure out what inspires you, you will curate your own dreams, your own beliefs, your own stunning clarity, and when you do meet the person who makes your cells dance, you will be sure of it, because you are sure of yourself." from How To Ruin Your Life (Without Even Noticing That You Are)




No comments:

Post a Comment